Category : Specials
Emirates Airlines special, flights departing from Joburg, Cape Town and Durban to over 50 international destination, starting from R6 781 return.
The Sale ends 11 December 2016 for travel until 31 March 2017. Fly economy, business and first class to your dream destination today. Subject to availability.
Sale Period: until 11 December 2016
Travel Period: until 31 March 2017
Durban – eThekwini, South Africa
eThekwini, from itheku meaning “bay/lagoon” or more commonly know as Durban is South Africa’s second largest city. It offers a mix of cultures with a very tropical climate.
This climate makes it the perfect getaway during winter. Temperatures in Durban during June and July range between 18 and 23 Degrees Celsius which is warm if you compare it to the average temperatures in Johannesburg for the same period being 11 and 17 Degrees Celsius. Check out where we got this information: average-temperatures
OK, enough about the temperature and more about Durban. Durban International Airport is known as King Shaka International located in La Mercy. The main switchboard contact number is 032 436 6000 and the GPS coordinates for the King Shaka International Airport departures terminal is 29°37’6.40″S 31° 6’15.80″E
Please note, when using a GPS and if you search for “Durban Airport” please double check that it takes you to the new airport and not the old Durban airport. This actually happened to me.
So you booked your ticket and off you go to Durban, what should you expect to see and do? Well, if you looking for good food and some nice time at the beach that is exactly what you will get. A common tourist location is Umhlanga, it is home to Gateway Mall and the beautiful Umhlanga beach.
Courtesy of Grant Pitcher
Ushaka Marine World is a definite place to visit, it offers an Aquarium and water park (Kids World for under 2s and Wet n’ Wild) It costs R199 for the combo ticket per person during off peak season (13 April 2015 – 26 June 2015). They can be contacted on: 031 328 8000 and can be found here: 1 King Shaka Avenue, Point, Durban
Durban is a beautiful city to visit any time during the year, be safe and have a great time. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Which places in Durban do you recommend?
What does it mean to travel with Minors?
Firstly, what are minors? According to the Department of Home Affairs anyone under the age of 18 is considered as a minor. The law as of 1 June 2015 requires all minors to have an unabridged birth certificate with them in addition to their passport.
What does this mean?
1. Minors travelling with both parents require 1 additional document – unabridged birth certificate
2. Minors travelling without one of their parents require the unabridged certificate and a signed affidavit from the absent parent stating that the parent gives permission for the minor to exit the country.
3. Minors travelling with a guardian require, the unabridged certificate and signed affidavits from both parents stating that the parents give permission for the minor to exit the country.
Official Press Briefing by the Minister – Traveling With Minors
Is it anything to worry about?
Yes it does sound like an effort to have all of these extra pieces of documentation but the reasoning behind this according to the Department of Home Affairs is to reduce child trafficking. It might not be a proven way to reduce it but let us hope it helps.
What do I as a Parent do?
Book Cheap Flights
Cape Town is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Proof of this is the large numbers of international and domestic tourists who visit Cape Town.
Access to Cape Town via Air, Road and Sea is common with the reduced cost in airline prices makes it much more affordable and safe option, considering petrol, risky drivers and speed fines!
Top 10 Things to do in Cape Town
1. Table Mountain – http://www.tablemountain.net/ or call them on 021 424 0015
2. V&A Waterfront – A popular tourist destination, shop, eat and even go on a boat or helicopter trip
3. Wheel of Excellence at the V&A Waterfront – Call them on 021 418 2502
4. Hike up Lions Head – On a full moon it is even better (can become a bit busy though). If hiking is your passion check out this site with more information
5. Fish and Chips in Hout Bay – A must to visit Fish on the Rocks.
Phone:021 790 0001:
7. Visit Kirstenbosh Botanical Gardens – Currently having a Dinosaur exhibit, perfect for the little ones
8. Shop at Canal Walk, times from 9AM – 9PM and extended hours during the festive season. You can find them here
9. Drive through Constantia
10. Township tours – Safe and informative tours, offered by a wide variety of operators.